Wednesday, April 15, 2015

MSJMCW Story

As I entered the one peaceful horseshoe I am immediately swamped in a brazen and unruly crowd of food craving students. I could see the desire of food seeping out of their mouths in the form of saliva and smell the enticing aromas of mono-sodium glutamate-ridden food. My ears ring from the bass to the point where my eyes watered. As soon as I stepped into the parking lot I hear the indistinct and loud chatter that reached a level of noise that even the fervor of homecoming couldn't compare. The loud and obnoxious students, mostly underclassmen, with the warm enveloping rays of the sun seemed to be actively sapping my energy as I felt tired almost instantaneously. As I made my way to my designated station I could hear feeble attempts to sell overpriced products. The buzzing chatter, my growling stomach, and the music put an enormous overload on my senses. It seemed like a scene straight out of a simulate firefight, it was hard to believe that a renowned institution of excellence could produce such excitement and activity. After all the pushing and shoving to safely get to booth 15, I was overtaken with the embarrassment that accompanied the loud screaming of our vice president. I trudged over and put on the mandated gloves with so much reluctance and ignorance that I put the gloves on the wrong hand. Like all the idiotic mistakes I make in my life, there is always another person to remember the embarrassing moments in my life. I laughed along and my spirits were quickly uplifted. Looking back I'm thankful for the longer time (twenty minutes) that I get to spend with friends and for the food, that would have been a reachable distance, that is so generously provided by each club. It's a high school experience that I am thankful for and something that I look forward to in the coming years.

1 comment: