Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Masters of Photography Project








About the Photographer

Julia Margaret Cameron was born June 1815, and pursued a photographic career that usually followed a heroic theme. She took may portraits and even took self-portraits from time to time. She grew up in the Britain controlled part of India. She was an educated women and her photography was unique in that her photos captured the audience in awe and inspiration. She would always photograph people in an 'epic disposition', incorporating the full effect of the background as well.

Your View

I chose this photographer, because I really admire the masterful use of basic techniques such as 'soft-focus'. I've always wanted to emulate great photographers through the usage of basic technique, and Julia Margaret Cameron gave me that opportunity. I am inspired to shoot more in my free time and bring joy to others though my photographs. I was also inspired by the amount of time and dedication that Julia Margaret Cameron devoted to make these photos. Likewise, I spent a lot of time editing and refining my photos so that they would have that 'soft-touch' feel. Initially, I thought that the subject should be the main focus of attention. Julia Margaret Cameron taught me that the background is just as important as the foreground and for future reference I hope to carry out that mentality.


1 comment:

  1. were you hongover when taking these photos cmon man

    jk

    gj with the scrappy editing job

    ReplyDelete